Sunday School: Public Speaking
Are you scared to speak in front of people? Are you unsure of how to craft a good speech for a special occasion like a wedding? Do you want to impress your boss at your next meeting?
Join Barley Labs co-owner Theresa Chu for a 4-week public speaking course. By the end of the month, you'll have created/delivered a speech and will have the tools you need to write and give effective speeches in the future.
The registration fee includes all four classes and materials.
- Sunday, Sept. 23, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 30, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 1-3 p.m.
About the Instructor:
Before Barley Labs, Theresa spent more than a decade writing speeches and preparing presentations for executives in corporate and nonprofit organizations and also taught public speaking at a local community college. She used to have debilitating stage fright but overcame her fears with a lot of practice and confidence building strategies.
The class will cover the following topics:
- Dealing with stage fright
- The basics of different types of speeches (special occasion, persuasive, informative, etc.)
- Organizing/writing your speech
- Delivering your speech